PrairieTide
Sunday, April 03, 2005
 
Perhaps I got a little carried away ordering plants this winter. Just today, I realized the plants will start arriving in the next two weeks, so I better start preparing soon. This week, a load of compost is going to be delivered to our place, and right away I need to start spreading it around the current beds. While I'm at it, I should also start digging holes for the shrubs I've ordered.

Here's a list of what's coming in the mail during the next few weeks.

2 blueberry shrubs
2 cranberry groundcover plants
4 hydrangea (different sizes and colors)
A whole bunch of strawberries
Even more evergreen vinca to use as groundcover

When I look at this list, I get a little queasy! The weather is getting warmer, and the busy spring gardening season has started.

I'm particularly excited about the blueberries and the strawberries. Can't wait to add fresh fruit to my morning breakfast! And there are lots more home-grown fruit possibilities out there to try. I just found a website of gardeners in the Chicago area dedicated to growing fruit. Check out midwifes for more backyard orchard ideas.
|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger