PrairieTide
Monday, May 30, 2005
 
You Say It's Your Birthday...

If you're crazy, there's two things you can do to make yourself feel better: one is to get yourself cured. The other is to make everyone you have to deal with crazy.
Alan Dean Foster

PrairieTide reached its first birthday today. With today's anniversary, we're celebrating a year of wandering topics, meandering entries, typos and misspellings, frustrations with HTML, lost entries, and erratic posts!

PrairieTide started out as a project for a graduate English project, and I must admit I did my best blogging when it was a class assignment. After I wrapped up my graduate degree, I shifted my blog focus to my favorite hobby: knitting. As the internet's slowest knitter, I needed a little something more to keep the blog moving. So since then, my blog has broadened to include my efforts building a garden in our midwestern plot.

Below is my very first blog post.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Fishbowl
The rain is really coming down. Looking out the windows, the world outside is dank and wet. The windows are tear-streaked. The sounding of pelting raindrops echos on the roof. And I think, "so this is what it's like to be a fish."

In the immortal words of Dory from Finding Nemo, just keep swimming. With any luck, the fun and mayhem will continue in the same scatterbrained way. Here's to another year of PrairieTide!
|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger