PrairieTide
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
 
Catch Up
It's not too late to show you my Thanksgiving photos, is it? Over Thanksgiving, Randy and I spent two days at the Grand Canyon. What can I say, it was truly grand! We stayed at the bargain historic hotel right on the South Rim of the canyon. Each morning we were there, we got up early and walked along the rim trail, taking in the view.

While we were there, we hiked quite a ways along the trail. I think about five miles or so. We stuck to the trail along the top of the canyon. No venturing down the steep trails that wind into the depths of the canyon for the pregnant lady! At one look out point, we could see one of the trails wind down the side of the canyon, making a couple dozen switchbacks along the way. It is a loooong hike down there! We watched a group of teens in matching military fatigues hike down in formation. Quite an impressive sight.

Here, Randy and I are standing on the rim of the canyon. This is as close to the edge as I got the entire time we were there. Randy ventured out a little closer a few times, which always gave me heart palpitations! It is quite a drop off over that edge!

Ah, in that picture, I could still wear Randy's pants. Those were the days... Yesterday, we did a short hike at Forest Park. I wore my maternity pants, which are supposed to be kept "nice" for work. Of course, they got a little muddy along the trail...

And here we have a lovely sunset picture Randy took after a long day of hiking. Sunset was at about 5:00 PM.

After taking this picture, we had a quick dinner, and then returned to our little hotel room. I was in pajamas by 6:30 PM, and curled up with a book by 7:00 PM. Half an hour later, I was fast asleep.

Of course, I woke up at about 2:00 PM, wide awake! On this trip, I really started feeling the baby kick.


After exploring the Grand Canyon for two days, we headed up to my parents' house for a few days of family fun. Ah, Mom and Dad's house during the holidays. I love to spend the holidays with my folks. They really make these days special. Mom cooked a fabulous meal, and Erin was a good sport about hanging out with her big sister!

Erin is my kid sister, and she is 17. We figured out while I was visiting that she is exactly half my age (do the math).

After dinner, we played a killer game of Clue, followed by a cut-throat game of Scattegories. Did Dad win both games? Maybe so...
|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger