Sunday, July 09, 2006
There's Something About Katie
Here's a picture of Katie helping to fold the laundry. This is our favorite game. I pile up some small things on Katie's belly, and she kicks up her feet in delight. She likes the pretty colors, and she coos at all the different textures. Rough, smooth, soft. Such a fascinating game.
Things Katie can do at 14 weeks:
- Katie enjoys sitting on my lap and rocking in the rocking chair. We gaze out the window at the trees. Or we watch TV (despite my best intentions, the TV habit is starting early).
- Katie likes going on a walk in her stroller...most days.
- Kate loves to watch a ceiling fan go round. Hours of fun here!
- Katie seems fascinated with the pictures in her board books. She gazes and gasps at the pictures. I wonder what she is seeing. Color? Shapes? Lines?
- Katie helps me do yoga. I pop in my maternity yoga DVD (easy yoga is all I am up for these days), and "taylor sit" in front of Katie on a blanket. I tickle her tummy while stretching this way and that.
- Until just the last day or so, Katie has had dark-blue newborn eyes. Yesterday I noticed a ring of light blue around the iris in her eye. Her Grandpa Rubsam has the lightest blue eyes. I wonder if she'll have light blue eyes, too?
- Tummy time is no fun for this baby. We do a little every day, but it's torture. I understand, kid. I feel the same way about jogging.
- Just when I thought her hair was as thin as possible, Katie continues to lose hair. There are spots on her head that are entirely hair free. Poor kid, she's approaching utter baldness.