PrairieTide
Sunday, November 05, 2006
 
Wierdness
When to blog? My baby rarely naps, and there's no guarantee I'll get her down to sleep at night, either. Thus, the neglected blog. So here is my much-delayed list of wierdness.

  1. Unlike some of my talented sisters, I cannot suck my upper lip up into my nose. This must be a genetic defect.
  2. I have the acne of a 14 year old. One of the things I loved about being pregnant is that it was the first time in my life that I had clear skin. Unfortunately, I fell into the trap of thinking the clear skin might just last after my pregnancy, but alas, no. I'm back in zitsville.
  3. I've vowed to stop cussing, now that I have a wee babe to care for. But there is one place where this seems to be impossible--the car. I'm simply incapable of cutting someone off in traffice without swearing a blue streak.
  4. I've never watched Lost or 24 or The Office or The Sopranos or Desperate Housewives. I've been too busy watching Battlestar Galactica. Anyone else watch this great show? Seriously, it is great.
  5. I still mourn for Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now that was an amazing TV series. Why do all the good shows have to die?
  6. I'm bummed that Randy and I have never gone to a Star Trek convention.
  7. I look forward to the local Renissance Festival (though I've never dressed up in one of those dresses that lace up your boobs).
  8. Like a certain sister, I too talk to myself all day long. It's like my inner dialogue leaks outside sometimes. I suspect my coworkers consider this just another sign of my geekiness.
  9. I'm chronically forgetful. I can't say how many Saturdays I've had to go back to work because I forgot my wallet. Yesterday, we had to drive back to work to pick up my breastpump. Yes, I just wrote the word "breastpump" on my blog.
  10. I never thought I would say this, but I look forward to nursing. It's become the best part of my day. When Katie first was born, I thought nursing was a cruel joke from God. Then after a couple of weeks, I decided I didn't hate nursing after all. Then, once Katie was about four months old, I realized I missed the all-day nursing fests of yore. However, I resolve not to nurse Katie through Kindergarden.

|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger