PrairieTide
Sunday, December 31, 2006
 
Shhhhhhhhhh...
I've developed this wierd twitch in my left eye. It happens throughout the day, and it is like a little spasm in the muscle around my eye.

I think it's developed because of lack of sleep.

We have some sleep issues at our house. Namely, no one is getting very much. So this holiday break, we've been working on teaching Katie to go to sleep when we lay her down on her bed, without having to be rocked or swayed or walked around.

Thursday night, at 3:00 AM, she did it! She'd just woken up again, and instead of heading out for the rocking chair, I just patted her tummy until she relaxed. She cried just a little. Then she made funny babbling noises, like "awawawawawa". Then she drifted off to sleep.

Eureka! I should have tried this months ago!

Two days later, and every time we've put her down to sleep, she's drifted off on her own in her bed. So far, it only takes her a few minutes. She's still waking up a few times at night, so we still have some work to do. Maybe then we can catch some Zzzzzzz's.

|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger