PrairieTide
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
 
Look! No Hands!
Here is a picture of Katie standing on her own, unassisted, for about five seconds!

I can't help but be delighted with Katie learning to take "baby steps." Everyone tells us there is no reason to rush Katie towards walking. Lots of experienced parents say that things just get crazier once these little people get more mobile. I've had any number of people say to enjoy her while she enjoys sitting in my lap.

But practicing walking is just so fun! And when you've got a whole lotta playtime in front of you, practicing walking is a great way to fill the time. So, yes, I've been encouraging Katie to walk. I'm guilty of propping her up on the side of the couch and letting her practice pulling up on my lap. The giggles are worth it.

|

<< Home

Counter

Powered by Blogger